Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Devizes To Crofton Top Lock, Returning


Friday 8th December

Some more blog as I have time on my hands for a bit. We are moored at Pewsey Wharf for the night. There is a Carol Concert with a band and Peter Atwell (Boaters Christian Fellowship) at 7.00. We will probably eat in the café afterwards as chicken curry is on the menu! We met Peter, not that he will remember at all, at Dundas aqueduct when we hired Silver Dove from Anglo Welsh, about 5 years ago. We had to start from there instead of Bristol as the river was in flood and we were really pleased as we were upgraded from a 4 berth to a 6/7 berth boat with, wait for it, a microwave!

We fell in love with the K&A then I think, as it was a wonderful trip with our good friends. Silver Dove is still in use down at Sydney Wharf, where the Anglo Welsh hire fleet is run by Bath Narrowboats. We had a nose on her when we were down there in November and had no real memory of the interior, just that microwave. I do like my porridge made in a microwave in the morning, must be my Scottish quarter blood!

So this is Christmas – song title there I think! This will be my first taste of carols this year, just about right and not too early. It seems the shops have already finished Christmas, as it is sale time apparently. Have a good one, keep things simple and enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment on the blog, not on Facebook. If you don't want your comment published add "please do not publish". We reserve the right not to publish comments and will not publish Anonymous Posts.