Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Watch Our Cruise On the Kennet and Avon Canal

I was glad to get home from work today. There is definitely something special about living on a narrowboat. Just the sight of Epiphany waiting for me has a de stressing effect!

I am lucky as we have an agreement that John cooks when I am working, so I come in and put my feet up and relax, catch up with how our day has gone, check if there is anything interesting on the TV (less and less now a days!) and enjoy my meal.

Like many areas of the country we have been having cold clear nights, icy mornings and really sunny days. The light on the hills and canal has been fantastic and I even braved the cold one evening to watch the space station "fly" by.

The real purpose of this brief blog is to say that there is now a video of parts of our short cruise on the Kennet and Avon Canal last Saturday here.

I filmed from the stern and so the video is accompanied by the sound of our engine. It sounds a bit different from the "real thing" but that is down to the quality of the equipment I think!

Anyway for canal addicts like us it is worth a look! It was interesting to see how our winding manoeuvre came out!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment on the blog, not on Facebook. If you don't want your comment published add "please do not publish". We reserve the right not to publish comments and will not publish Anonymous Posts.