Thursday, June 05, 2008

Hello Again!

I have been suffering from ISAS!
I am now cured!
What is ISAS?
I suppose the clue is that I haven't blogged for ages and now I am. I doubt you have missed me much though!

Internet Separation Anxiety Syndrome is something that John would feel more than me so I generously left him with the dongle when I returned home from our travels. He was then able to "dongle away" (sounds nasty or rude - sorry!) and keep up to date with all his interests.

Anyway we are now both reunited - John and I and so incidentally the Internet and I! If truth be told I haven't really missed it drastically. However it was good to catch up on other blogs this evening.

So after Crick we went to Oxfordshire - the nearest canal found us walking from Cropredy lock to Broadmoor lock on a fine Tuesday afternoon. Beautiful - all green from the rain and enough boats to keep our interest.

Then to the NW outskirts of London for a hospital appointment - all OK, "come back in 6 months" - yippee!

The final leg of our wanderings took us to Cornwall for an unexpected visit for a funeral. We had a fun journey as the A303 was flooded on Thursday evening - it was not traveling weather. Eventually we had to retrace our journey and go up to Taunton and down by the M5.

The clouds had a silver lining as we stayed with John's Mother and our son came down for a couple of days too. So a reunion and then a separation as Craig and I went our separate ways and left John in Cornwall.

Whilst there though we spent some time in Newquay and here are a couple of sea views! At least I am trying to keep to a water and boats theme.

A fishing boat picking up his lobster pots in Newquay Bay

Newquay Bay


The misty skyline of Newquay from St Michaels Church to Bank Street. Note one of 7 cranes in Newquay, building apartment blocks - they have "scat down" hotels for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment on the blog, not on Facebook. If you don't want your comment published add "please do not publish". We reserve the right not to publish comments and will not publish Anonymous Posts.