Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Sick Equipment. Now "Hospitalised"!

We have a sick lap top which has gone to the computer hospital. The one that runs the web cam is now in regular use by John! - That means very very regular use as canal forum members and other friends will know! Once a system analyst and programmer, always......

So if any of you have been clicking on the button, it is not that we are "out", just waiting for a cure! I am pretty sure we will not have to go into mourning as it is still under guarantee.

I fought for many years to not use a computer! Eventually I decided that if I couldn't beat them it was best to join them! Them being John and our son Craig who had had a keyboard in front of him since he was 3! A BBC B which John "purloined" from work for home use. Craig is now 26 and they were both early users of the internet too. On right - a fairly typical sight!

So I gave in and took CLAIT in 2000. In truth, partly to help in return to full time work, but also so I knew a bit for my own satisfaction! In fact I am the only one with a computer qualification!

However this does not prevent me calling for help when the laptop misbehaves - I am sure it has a mischievous personality. Now I use a PC at work and laptop for blogging, photography, surfing and email - mainly!

I do still use pen and paper too - so I'm not a complete tecci convert. A couple of hours in front of a small screen is more than enough for me. So back to reading and favourite TV programmes for me now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment on the blog, not on Facebook. If you don't want your comment published add "please do not publish". We reserve the right not to publish comments and will not publish Anonymous Posts.