Thursday, September 06, 2007

To Bath, Hungerford, and Devizes via Pewsey!

How did I (John) manage it in on one day?

From Devizes to Bath: and I didn't get caught speeding by the speed camera at Sydney Wharf, Bath. Be warned!While Fi visited the Hospital I went on from Bath Narrowboats down Widcombe Locks as far as Bath Deep Lock.

The boat already in the lock had the longest rope I have seen on the canals.



Then back to Hungerford (further back along the K&A) while Fi did an afternoon's work.




Then finally we went back to Pewsey for Fish and Chips followed by some liquid refreshment, before returning to Devizes Marina.
How did I do it in a day? By car of course - you may have noticed the lack of mention of Epiphany. More pictures at Picasa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment on the blog, not on Facebook. If you don't want your comment published add "please do not publish". We reserve the right not to publish comments and will not publish Anonymous Posts.