Thursday, February 10, 2011

Signs of spring

I am wondering how long it will be before my bulbs in the planters on the roof will appear. There are green shoots! I always have a surprise when they bloom as I have forgotten what I planted and where! More sunny days like yesterday will help. At the moment the violas are still recovering from the snow and recent winds.

Moored at Cropredy

We have seen snowdrops, celandines and now I have seen a crocus! Yes, just one, standing in lonely isolation at The Plantation in Cropredy.


There are lots of catkins in the canalside hedgerows too. Even the crops in the fields are greening up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment on the blog, not on Facebook. If you don't want your comment published add "please do not publish". We reserve the right not to publish comments and will not publish Anonymous Posts.